I have been having some stressful things happening in my life lately, and have felt a little overwhelmed. My sweetheart Mama had to have open heart surgery which, I'm not going to lie, scared me to death. My kids have been really sick for a long time. I've done all that I can do, sanitzed bleached went to doctors. I can't get them over these series of illnesses they have been sharing.
I was reading in a sweet little journal that my mom wrote for Riley and it talked about when my Great Grandma was sick with cancer and my Grandma Mathews was there helping to take care of the big open sores on her chest. Her Dad came in and said " Oh its a sad, hard world." Her Mom said right back, " Oh, don't you believe it DeRita, It's a beautiful wonderful World."
We had a little girl in Jacob's Preschool group just pass away and I am reminded that my troubles are so small and insignficant, but I am also very aware that no matter how small the trial or how large the burden, our Savior knows how to comfort us and is aware of our needs. It is amazing that Jacob feels so happy for the little girl because "she is going to be ressurrected because Jesus was ressurrected." That's what it's all about. We have trials to help us become stronger and to mold us into the type of people we need to be to live forever with our families and our Heavenly Father. I'm going to forget myself and go to work.
3 comments:
What a sweet boy you have! You have taught he very well! I have been so sad for the Toone family, I need to have a child like attitude like Jacob and just know that sweet Rebecca is just fine! What an example your sweet Jackey is!
I am sharing your G'ma Mathews & Great Gma story tonight as part of family home evening. You have a very smart boy. Love you guys
Thanks so much for your post, that's exactly what I needed this morning. By the way, your sweet little girl is so cute!!
Post a Comment