Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Family Update

We finally made the move last month. Our new house is nice and spacious which makes plenty of growing room for the little ones. Adam and I have been surprised by how it echos, and are currently trying to find things to make it less noisy. Adam wants to put up some of the church carpet on the walls, but I think we will just need to hang some pictures.

Riley is growing and always hungry. He and Audrie are on a soccer team, but the weather has not been cooperating. He really feels confident in his soccer abilities which makes me happy for him. He is loving school and reading like crazy. His dad has been letting him stay up to read as late as he wants. Not the brightest idea concidering Adam used to be a book worm too and knows that sleep doesn't seem important when you have a good book.

Audrie is such a girl. She has been wearing skirts to school and it has been freezing weather. I finally started going in and picking out her school clothes for her. She loves her new room and feels like a princess. She even helps to decorate it, tipping over tupperware for a desk and finding some really nice pictures to hang on her door and wall. She doesn't care about soccer as much as Riley, but it's good to have her involved in something to burn some energy. She still doesn't like school, but we are hoping this will change when we move her over to the new school next year.

Jacob thinks he is as big as everybody. He loves going to preschool and is actually very smart. I saw him writing some letters the other day and was shocked and how well he knew them and could write them. Great job to all the preschool teachers! He loves the new house and has been playing so well with Isaac while Audrie and Riley are at school. He loves to have stories read to him and wishes he could be in soccer too. In fact, He has one of Riley's old soccer uniforms and wears it constantly, and even has to wear shin guards to the games.

Isaac is such a sweet little toddler, but he also has a mind of his own. He has been talking back a little, but is quick to say sorry and to stop. He doesn't like going to bed so we stuck him on the top bunk where he can't get down. Of course I make Adam move him when he is asleep because I am afraid he will fall. He loves his brothers and sisters and will follow them around for hours. Recently he decided giving kisses was gross. When we ask for a kiss he will kiss us, but then he spits and says "yucky" while wiping his mouth off. What a character.

As for Adam, he is on a city league b-ball team and loves that. He is actually really good and can jump super high. I am amazed and tellhim he looks like he's on a pogo stick. He is studying for the CPA and hates it, but I think hes good for sticking with the thing. He has been doing everything around the house too. What a good man I have.

I have been feeling really tired, but am just starting to get out of that phase. The little baby is sure making my belly expand. Maybe because it's baby number 5 or maybe I have 5 babies in there?? I have been enjoying the extra space and have felt less desire to clean since the messes are spaced throughout the house. Nothing has sounded good to eat, which is bad for the family. They have had very unexciting meals, but thankfully they just like to have food. We like our new ward. Everyone seems very nice and family oriented. Hopefully it will be a good place to raise our family.

Thats about it, but I do feel that we are very blessed. I have been more emotional with the hormones, but have found a greater desire to be like my Savior and have had an added appreciation for family and the purpose of family in the whole sceme of things. I am thankful for all of my family and friends who add so much to my life.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Wow your family is doing great! I know you don't have 5 babies in you, it is just that it is number 5!

Danielle Spangler said...

Great to hear about the kids and the family. I love the "carpet on the walls" comment. Hillarious! I can just imagine your beautiful house with church carpet lining the walls!

We are the Dall family said...

Congrats on the move, can't wait to see it.

Karen and Adam said...

Julie, you are seriously the best mom ever! You can acknowledge my foresight at the pulpit when you are called to General Primary President. ;) Seriously, I just look up to you! Your house is BEAUTIFUL, by the way! We drove by it the other day, and I was so happy for you guys!