Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Family Home Evening Donuts


I found my camera you lucky people! We had a fun family home evening activity where we made donuts out of biscuit dough. The kids had a blast, and Adam did too. He remembers making the same donuts as a kid and has been wanting to do it for awhile. They decorated them with sprinkles, chocolate frosting, and glaze. Unfortunately Riley couldn't go to sleep for awhile after the excitement, maybe too much sugar.

7 comments:

Angie said...

What a fun mom you are, I need to try that! I love that Riley couldn't go to sleep after, but you probably didn't love it huh:)

zippy said...

Yum-o! Homemade donuts out of bisquit dough are our traditional Christmas morning breakfast (if we're home for Christmas)...our kids look forward to it each year. We love them so much, that one in a rare while we will make them on a Saturday for a breakfast treat! Looks like you all enjoy them too. : )

Danielle Spangler said...

I made these for my kids about a couple weeks ago...thinking that they would LOVE them. Strangely, they were disappointed and said they didn't taste like the store! Then, August busted out the chocolate frosting and turned things around. We ended up enjoying them...I actually LOVED them even more then the store:)

The Wheelers said...

YUMMY! Yea, I think Harrison would be up for hours after, sugar totally affects him. That would be a way fun activity though! I may try it on a Saturday morning and give the kids all day to work off the sugar, great idea!!

Karen and Adam said...

I must be such a loser...I've never had biscuit donuts! I might call you to find out how to make them. Any donut, in any shape or form, is a beloved item for this lady! What a fun FHE!

Amber said...

I had forgotten about making those types of donuts. Now I must make them!

The Fallon Schank's said...

Yum! I want some too!
Love YOU!
FDAD